Can Character Traits be changed (after 30)?

10:29 PM

It`s really interesting topic to share with. Many of my colleagues believe that people`s characteristics cannot be changed when they are turning into 30. They contend that if somebody wants to change their behavior especially into positive ones, he or she must do it immediately before 30.

Some psychologists claim that our behavior are influenced by our personal traits, which consist of strong genetic components. DNA has played its role to determine our characteristics whether we are introverts or extroverts, or maybe in between, ambiverts. They believe that our basic nature will not change because it roots into our blood.

However, personal characteristics are not merely determined by our genes. Environment is also blamed to play a significant role for people to change, even though life sometimes settle downs before 30. In this case, I believe that environment does contribute to one`s turning point. It just gives some senses that people still can change even if they are in the edge of young adult ages. They change their attitude from introvert to extrovert when alert is coming and vice versa. Thus, there is still questionable that is this part of acting beyond our truly nature? Some people may notice that we act like an actor, fulls of fake and immorality. Sometimes people forget that we try to improve ourselves by strengthening our weaknesses. They don`t see it as a process, but just a matter of being unnatural.

Changing personal traits, especially bad behaviors into positive ones, is an uphill task. It takes courage to realize and compromise with ourselves about our bad side. It needs bravery that we have to put aside our pride. To be honest, I recognize myself as a hard person, stubborn girl, but I cannot believe there is somebody close to me said that I am a harsh person. It is really unpredictable and sad to admit it, yet I assume that he was right. A lot of things that I should change before these too late to be regret of. I also cannot deny that sometimes I was filled of worry about future resulting in negative thinking. I always encourage myself that I can change into a better person and I must do it right now. I believe that living in a fear is not my cup of tea, then. Turning into a caring person is my goal and I believe that I can do it. No matter of my age because I believe a chance is always there. It is my decision whether I want to use it now or later.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I suppose that the ability to change traits is not actually determined by the age, but it's up to the significant trigger we encounter. For example, a friend of mine, a short-tempered woman,can transform to a gentle and patient person after becoming a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halo saya Amtread dari Blogger Indonesia ingin memberi tahu tentang 3 artikel utama saya.

    - Download lightroom mod apk
    - Cara Ping Artikel
    - Cara Mengecek Broken Link Blog

    Kamu bisa mengunjunginya satu persatu bila kamu membutuhkannya. Salam hormat Amtread.

    ReplyDelete